Tax Questions Blog
When can I deduct the use of home office?
Do you use a home office for your business?
To qualify as a home office, your office must be used regularly and exclusively as one of these:
- Your principal place of business
- A place to meet customers, clients, or patients in the course of business
- A space to store inventory or product samples
- A separate structure used in connection with your trade or business
- A home used as a daycare; exclusive use is not required
Tax Questions is a resource and information website only. We do not offer individual advice. For specific tax questions and answers, you are advised to consult your tax attorney.